Sunday, January 16, 2011

Craft: Baby Boy Card

I had a friend's Baby Shower this afternoon, and as usual I wanted to give her a handmade card. I started off with some Royal Blue cardstock, which I cut to size and then scored using my Creative Memories 12 inch Rotary Trimmer. I then changed to the small wavy blade and cut some pale blue paper. I inked the edges of the waves to give a more defined look. I then punched three scallops out of stripy brown paper (from the Paper Album Lullaby Kit) and also inked them for a defined edge. I placed a brown ribbon above the pale blue paper, and then above that put some blue polka dotted paper, although you cannot see the polka dots very well on this photo. The teddy bear was already made up in part of an old die cuts pack I found, as well as three royal blue squares. I inked these with brown ink also, and placed some corrugated sticker lettering on the squares. My last step was to add some pastel blue brads on the top of the card.

The inside was pretty simple. I used a vellum quote from the Expressions of Baby Boy pack, and adhered it using Frosted Splits. I then cut off a small strop of blue polka dot paper to write my salutation as the lighter background makes it easier to read.

And there you have it, my Baby Shower card! Most of the products and tools I used can be found on this website and are available to purchase.

1 comment :

  1. And an awesome card it is. It is lovely to get handmade stuff! The quotes are gorgeous :) Thanks heaps xx look forward to making my scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...