Friday, October 14, 2011

Craft:Scrap FX challenge

I have been working hard on some challenges to keep me motivated, and here is my latest effort! My husband's cousin has just become a father and so I thought I would make a card for them. His wife is Spanish, hence the Spanish title.

The challenge that this was inspired by is from Michelle Logan's blog- http://mlogandesigns.blogspot.com/ She makes some amazing layouts and so when she issued this challenge I thought it would make me step outside of my comfort zone as I do not like working with the colour pink. The criteria for the card, layout or altered project were:
  • Follow her blog
  • Pink
  • Chipboard
  • Paint/mist/ink
Here is the card:


The background cardstock was pink, as well as the polka dotted paper and the flower. The flower is chipboard and I applied some pink and gold shimmer ink to it. I also embossed some butterflies with polka dots and adhered them to the card to give a nice 3D efect. I particularly like the pink button I put in the middle of the chipboard flower for the finishing touch. I hope you like it Michelle!

2 comments :

  1. You have done a gorgeous job here. I agree the button looks great as the flower centre, it adds texture with the butterflies. Thanks for entering the challenge and hope you pop in again soon! M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for stepping out of your box! You created a very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...