Thursday, January 24, 2013

Friendship Blossoms Card

Time again for another Use It Tuesday challenge! I am really happy to be using some of my stash.

This week's challenge is "Warm It Up: Use Red, Orange and/or Yellow".

Here are my hoarded supplies:


The piece of paper is from a monthly kit I used to subscribe to at least three years ago. The rub ons were purchased at a Stampin' Up garage sale last April. The flowers were part of a 7x7 scrapbook kit I purchased in 2007 for my niece, and the ribbon was purchased from a scrapbooking store in 2009 before they closed for good. I had completely forgotten about these items, they were all sitting in my orange and pink folder. It shows how often I use those colours!

Here is the finished card:


I placed the candy stripe paper on an orange card base, then added the flowers. I rubbed a sentiment on to some orange paper, and rounded the edges to give it some interest. Then I added the ribbon to break up the elements.

Thanks for taking me out of my comfort zone and making me use orange! I think this card will be finding a new home very soon, it is so cheery and bright.

Supplies used:

Creative Memories: Simply Beautiful paper, Carrot cardstock, 7x7 Family album kit, corner rounder, 12" Rotary trimmer with straight and scoring blades.

Stampin' Up: Loop To Loop rub ons.

Making Memories: Animal Crackers Trims.

K and Company: 12 x12 Urban Rhapsody Candy Stripe paper.

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful card, love how you used the colors from the challenge. And a great use of your stash!
    Thank you for joining us at Use it Tuesday and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great card with your hoarded supplies. Rub ons are always the hardest (for me anyway) to use up. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Use It Tuesday.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...