Friday, February 15, 2013

BIL Birthday

I always find it hard to make masculine birthday cards- I need more manly stamp sets! One of my favourites is the Loads of Love stamp set from Stampin' Up, and I have used the truck stamp for lots of cards. I had my brother in law's birthday in the weekend and wanted to make him a simple card.

The latest Seize The Birthday sketch is:

 


And here is my take on it:

 
I embossed the brown cardstock with a woodgrain embossing folder to give it a really rustic feel. The sentiment was printed out from my computer as I couldn't find any sentiments large enough to go with how I wanted the card to look. I stamped the truck and cut it out using the Creative Memories Custom Cutting System with oval patterns, and did the same with a larger oval with some patterned paper that had a rustic look to it as well. My finishing touch was some brads on the wheels.
 
Happy birthday to my brother in law!

6 comments :

  1. Super card. Very masculine colours.
    Regards
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine birthday card, this stamp is always a favorite :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect masculine card Lauren, I love the wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for a guy! Love the wood grain and that image. You've inspired me to use that stamp again. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card. I know what you mean about needing more masculine stamps. I have way too many flowers..haha. So glad you joined us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...