Friday, March 15, 2013

Butterfly Best Wishes.

It seems that butterflies are a big thing in cardmaking at the moment. I have a butterfly punch that I have never used sitting in my punches box, and the latest Use It Tuesday challenge is to use Diecuts, Punches and Cutouts from your stash. I have never been in to butterflies, so this was a perfect time to get out the butterfly punch and see what I could do. I also used a label punch that hadn't been used, as well as an embossing folder I had never used!


The colours are not usually ones I would put together, but they were the first two colours sitting on top of my cardstock scraps and I thought they actually looked quite nice together. I embossed the vanilla cardstock with my never before used embossing folder, and inked out the sentiment then punched it out with another neglected punch! I also inked the punched out sentiment to make it stand out. The butterflies were attached and then folded to give them a 3D look, and I also added some brads in the top left corner for something extra.

I am really pleased with how this card came out, and also happy that I finally used some of my supplies that I never knew what to do with!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: French Vanilla Cardstock, Cider cardstock, 12" Rotary Trimmer, Butterfly Pocket Punch, Precision Point Adhesive.
Stampin' Up: Regals brads, Cajun Craze ink, Island Indigo ink, Island Indigo cardstock, Cute and Curly stamp set, Curly Label Punch, Flower Garden embossing folder.
Cuttlebug.

1 comment :

  1. This is a great design!! Love those butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...