Sunday, March 3, 2013

Make A Wish

I love dry embossing, and birthday cards are one of my favourite types of cards to make. I love linking up to Seize The Birthday and seeing what sketches they come up with for birthday cards!

This week's sketch for a masculine birthday card:

 


I had a lone birthday sticker left over from a scrapbook kit that I wanted to use, so I also based my card around the colours of the sticker as well as using this sketch for inspiration.

 

 
I used Night of Navy cardstock for the base of my card, and embossed some yellow paper with a star embossing folder to match the birthday sticker. A strip of subtle striped paper was used as the smaller piece, and I cut out and inked a frame to place the sticker on. The papers were actually from a Christmas kit, but they matched my birthday title sticker perfectly. With two young boys I do not have a lot of time to create inticate cards, but I am happy with how this one turned out.
 
Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Festive Christmas paper, Rugged Baby Boy Celebrate Title Stickers.
Stampin' Up: Framelits Labels Collection, Summer Starfruit cardstock, Not Quite Navy cardstock, Not Quite Navy ink, sponges.
Craft Concepts: Starry Night Embossing Folder.

3 comments :

  1. This is a fabulous birthday card! I love the embossed background and the sparkly stickers are wonderful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars are fabulous, love the embossing folder! Great sticker too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the embossed background and such a fab take on the sketch :) So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...