Friday, April 26, 2013

Flowers for Mum

Another reminder that Mother's Day is coming up- my son told me I was getting a ladybug pillow pet and girl Duplo this year!

The theme over at Use It Tuesday is Flowers For Mom- or Mum as we spell it here in New Zealand.

I decided to use both themes and do something I have been meaning to do for a while, which is create a word card. Mum was an easier word to do than a name, but it was still a bit tricky and required a lot of patience!

I used some floral paper from a 2010 collection and embossed cardstock that I got given to me by my sister about three years ago, as well as some buttons from my stash that were from a sale in March 2011. The butterfly stamp and punch and the flower punch were both borrowed  from my sister's stash.

Here is the finished product!



And a close up of some of the details: The button on the flower punch:



The floral butterfly:



If you want to make a word card, the easiest way is to cut out a large font from your computer and use that as a template. Leave a slight gap around the words and make sure that the letters you use can be easily read.

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Embossed cardstock, Simply Beautiful patterned paper, White cardstock. 12" Rotary Trimmer with Scoring Blade, Scissors.
Stampin' Up: Papillion Potpourri, Butterfly Punch, Layered Flower Punch, Itty Bitty Buttons, Melon Mambo Ink.

1 comment :

  1. This is great!! Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...