Friday, April 5, 2013

Pink for Christmas

I am usually a very traditional red and green (and sometimes blue) decorator when it comes to my Christmas decorations, cards, clothes etc. Last year I received a line of Christmas papers that was pink, grey, turquoise and bright green- totally not my style so they have sat in my scrapbook bag for ages unopened. One of these products was paper ribbon and the sketch this week at Merry Monday immediately made me think of it.

 

 
 


I used the paper ribbon for the banners and also used some pink and green papers left over from a Love kit I had. I have found that you don't always have to use specific Christmas items to make Christmas cards. In order to make the pink and green work for me, I decided to make it really girly so I added some swirls and a touch of bling as well. This card will be great for one of my crafty friends  who loves pink!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Holidazzle Paper Ribbon, Nancy O'Dell Series Love Kit, Square Maker.
Stampin' Up: Lucky Limeade cardstock, Melon Mambo Ink, Season of Joy stamp set, Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set, Modern Label punch, Basic Rhinestones.

6 comments :

  1. I love it...I'm such a fan of non-traditional colors for the holidays! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that paper ribbon and the flourish in the corner! Great colors too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love the paper you used and your flourish is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the modern look you used and the funky colours Lauren! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas card, love the swirl with bling! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...