Saturday, April 6, 2013

Scallops For You.

Lots of blog posts today- a rainy Saturday means lots of time to catch up on crafting and blogging!

I have been having a clear out of all my pink papers as with two boys, I am not really going to use it for my scrapbook pages. I have been making a few cards for friends and this week's card was inspired by two challenges. The first was the feminine birthday sketch challenge over at Seize The Birthday:

 
The second challenge was "Scallops" over at Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge. This goes perfectly with the sketch so I am submitting my card to both challenges. I love it when I can make one card do for multiple challenges! I have scallops on the stamp as well as the scalloped edges under the green ribbon. The flower brad also matches the scallop shapes.
 
 
I used a very old paper as the background, as well as really old cardstock for the strips, base and scallops. The orange cardstock was already slightly embossed with swirls and polka dots, so it went well with the patterned paper.The stamp was also from an old set I got for free, and the ribbon and brad were an extra touch. It feels great to use up some of my stash and get an extra card for my card box.
 
Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Creative Memories: Embossed cardstock, white cardstock, Primary Paper, Scallop Punch, CCS with Oval Patterns.
Stampin' Up: Punch Bunch stamp set, Garden Green ink, Ribbon and Flower Brad, Primrose Petals ink, Mini Glue Dots.
Bazzil: 12x12 Textured cardstock (Sweetheart).
K and Company: Urban Rhapsody Tickled Pink Polka Dots Paper.

7 comments :

  1. Very lovely card! Love the scallops used everywhere with stamps and paper and even brads! It is great when you can clear out stash and make something great with it! Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs scallop challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty flowers! I'm totally challenged at getting to that stash of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs Scallops Challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you did those scallops on here! VERY pretty card and a great image.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card. Great job using up some of your stash. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who ever received this card will be very lucky, it is a lovely card, thank you for joining the Scallop Challenge at Frosted Design

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...