Thursday, May 16, 2013

Woodgrain Birthday Card

It was my brother in law's birthday yesterday and so I made him this masculine card to go with his present. It corresponded nicely with this week's challenge at Just Add Ink with the challenge to Just Add...Woodgrain.

This background stamp has been in my stash for a while and never used, so I decided to finally ink it up as it reminded me of an old wooden shed. I also embossed the Crumb Cake sentiment accent using the Woodgrain Folder to add some texture to the card. I experimented with a few different colour combinations and finally decided on the red and brown combo.



I am really pleased with the rustic effect of the background, and plan on using this stamp a lot more in the future!

Supplies used:
Stampin' Up: Tool Shed background stamp, Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set, Woodgrain embossing folder, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake cardstock, Early Espresso ink, Curly Label, Petite Curly Label and Modern Label punches.
Creative Memories: Tape Runner, Foam Squares.
Provocraft: Cuttlebug.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...