Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Running Crew


ExtraMile Runners is a Christchurch based team that provides group running programmes for all different levels of runners from the absolute to beginner who wants to get into the habit of regular exercise to those more experienced runners wanting to beat a PB in a 10km or half marathon. The programmes are between 8-10 weeks long and include 3 group training sessions a week with some of Christchurch's top coaches. The programmes are based on building community, having fun and growing people, we believe that these are the keys to being successful at exercise, we truly believe that we have the best team around!

I joined Extra Mile Runners at the beginning of the year and have gone from no running to running a 10 kilometre course within the three months I have been running with just the Saturday Runners group. The support, friendships and motivation are what keep me going every week- that and the fact that my Dad runs with the group too so he is my wake up call- can you tell he runs a lot harder than me! Everyone pushes me to do my best and there is always coffee at the end of each run.



This running group also helped me to tick a goal off my 30 before 30 list, and I completed my 5k Color Run at the end of February. I am now aiming to do the 10k course at the Christchurch Marathon in June. 

If you live in the Christchurch area and are keen to meet new people, improve your fitness or run a 5k or 10k race, I really recommend Extra Mile Runners. Each coach has a smile on their face, the camaraderie is amazing, and you even get your own personal cheer team at the end of each run. For more information, check out their website or Facebook page.

Next Groups: 
Stepping Up: 21 April, 15 June
Get up to Five (0-5km programme): 23 March, 18 May, 13 July 
Club10k (10km programme): 23 March, 18 May, 13 July
RaceTeam (Half Marathon programme): 23 March, 29 June & 14 September
Saturday Runners: Regular Saturday morning running group - all year round. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...