Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Get Fit Like Fido!

I seem to find it hard to fit in time to exercise- life does get in the way when you have two busy boys and a social life! However, splitting my day into half hour blocks seems to make me more productive in making sure my body, my boys and my brain get the most out of the day.

One of the best things about a half hour block of exercise is that it makes me feel good for the rest of the day but does not leave me exhausted. I prefer walking and running as my exercise of choice, as the fresh air and sunshine invigorates me and actually motivates me for the rest of the day.

I am also a morning exerciser- by the time 8pm rolls around I am ready for bed. However, running in the morning is personally my favourite way to get some exercise in.

It is winter here in New Zealand at the moment, and getting out of bed at 6am when it is still dark to go for a run is not very appealing. Luckily, I know I have a great group of people waiting for me, and running as part of a group keeps me motivated.


That's me in the middle in the red beanie.

Incidental exercise also adds up quickly for me. Pushing the stroller with two boys is a great workout, and so walking to the library, supermarket or preschool may only be 10 minutes of walking but it does all count.

Sometimes I also have a friend's dog come with us on our runs, and it is always fun to see a pet enjoy the fresh air and exercise too. Dogs are a great excuse to get exercise into your daily routine, and Julia Chan has put together this great ideas sheet on how you and your furry friend can get moving. I can fully vouch for the mountain climbers being a workout!



I would love to hear how you are staying motivated to work out this winter!

This post is in conjuction with Dogvacay.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...