Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WCW Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad

I couldn't pass up some cheap chicken mince at the supermarket yesterday, so I looked through my recipe books to see what I could cook with it. I cam a cross a delicious Chicken Salad that I am sharing with you for this week's What's Cooking Wednesday.

Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad
adapted from Minced

1 teaspoon sesame oil
300g chicken mince
1 pack dried 10mm stick rice noodles
handful of crispy noodles

mixed salad greens, to serve
your favourite salad ingredients (I used sprouts, radish, cucumber, carrot and red capsicum)

for the dressing:
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

Heat sesame oil and fry chicken mince until golden brown. Set aside to cool.

Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the rice noodles. Cook for 5-6 minutes then drain. Set aside to cool.

In a large salad bowl, mix together your salad ingredients. Add cooled chicken and rice noodles.

Combine lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar and pour over the salad.

Top with crispy noodles and serve.



The verdict- This salad was better left to sit for a while so that the dressing soaked into the ingredients, but do not add the crispy noodles until serving time as they will go soggy otherwise. This was enjoyable as a meal for dinner, but it was even more delicious as leftovers for lunch the next day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...