Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's Cooking Wednesday- Lazy Girl Scones

I like to have fresh baking in the tins when I have unexpected visitors, but sometimes my tins are empty and I get a text that my friend is coming over in half an hour.

This scone recipe is what I call my "Lazy Girl" scones- they take 10 minutes to whip up, then 15 minutes in the oven, then they are ready to eat!

You will need:
3 cups plain flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
50g butter, cubed
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C

Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.

Add the butter and run into the mix until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add milk and mix to a soft dough.

Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries, and lightly knead in the bowl.

Turn out onto a lined oven tray and form into a circle shape.



Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cut into wedges and serve.



Simple and delicious!

1 comment :

  1. OOH I like simple scone recipes. And yummy with cranberries

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...