Friday, February 6, 2015

Plans for a weekend of Love

Valentines Day is coming up, and so I have planned some fun things for my family to do with love. I tend not to be too worried about the commercial side of Valentines Day, to me it is a time to remind my husband and boys how much I love them and a great way to reconnect as a family. My husband and I also celebrate our wedding anniversary just before Valentines Day, so it is great to be able to use this time to show my entire family how much I love and appreciate them.

 image via Bento School Lunches

Lucas is a school boy now, and I want to make sure he eats his lunch on Friday. I will make an easy love themed lunch similar to this with simple heart shaped sandwiches, some strawberries and fresh fruit. Some Babybel cheese and strawberry yoghurt will be perfect additions to a delicious, nutritious and fun lunch.

Valentines Day falls on a Saturday this year, so we have the whole day to celebrate. We do have some dance classes in the morning, so we need a fuel-filled breakfast. I plan on making some berry smoothies and also giving the boys some berry cereal.


 

We like to snuggle up with some books before nap time, so I will be reading Splat The Cat Funny Valentine and Foxy in Love.

To keep the boys entertained, we will do some Heart Stamping using toilet rolls and red paint. I will also mix red and white paint to make pink to teach the boys about primary and secondary colours.


 Image via I Can Teach My Child

As part of my Pinterest Resolutions, the boys will be receiving these love coupons.

An afternoon treat of Strawberries cut into heart shapes will suffice- my boys love fruit!



Image via One Good Thing By Jillee

The night will be finished off with a special family dinner inspired by One Good Thing By Jillee, as she has provided table decor ideas, a menu with printables, recipes and even a family activity.


Lastly, we will settle down and watch Madly Madagascar together- my 5 year old loves the penguins and this movie looks to be popular with all of us!

What have you got planned for Valentines Day?

1 comment :

  1. We are taking a mini vacation over Valentine's Day with the kids IF we are all well by then!!! Agh! I love all of these little plans you made for the day, that lunch is too cute and special :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...