Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Eric Carle inspired Mosaic Spider


My four year old has really enjoyed The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle, so we thought we would make our own busy spiders! I love the mosaic-like look of the spider in hues of blues and greens, so we set about creating our own blue and green spider.

My son started out by sticking some green and blue scraps of cardstock to an 8x8" piece of white cardstock.



We kept layering the blues and greens until he was happy with the pattern.



I then took a side plate and traced around it, and cut out a circle from the mosaic pieces. I also glued down any loose pieces.



We added some googly eyes, and Adam chose the colours of popsicle sticks for the spider's legs.



Our finished mosaic spider is complete!



This was such a great activity for hand-eye coordination as well as an understanding of what a mosaic is. Of course, there was also the ever important practice with glue and scissors!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...